Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I choose Bowenwork?
Bowenwork ( also called the Bowen technique) addresses many conditions in Holistic measures. Bowenwork produces an integrated body response. Many who experience this therapy are astounded at the results they receive. Bowenwork facilitates correcting many conditions, some of which are:
- back pain headaches
- sacro-iliac pain
- respiratory conditions
- hamstring pain or tightness
- scoliosis/postural imbalances
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- jaw pain/misalignment
- shin splints
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- neck pain, restricted range of motion
- sporting injuries
- knee painsprained ankles
- frozen shoulder
- plantar fasciitis
- sternal pain
- sprung ribs
- groin tension or pain
- tennis elbow
Bowen technique feels subtle. Short specific moves trigger the body's relaxation response. You may fall asleep or be aware of gentle sensations. Most clients report a significant release of tension. Some moves are more dramatic - especially where your body has held long term dysfunction and/or pain. Your body will shift, allowing regeneration and healing.
How long does a session last?
A typical Bowen session lasts 45-60 minutes.
How many sessions does it take to correct an imbalance?
It depends on how long that you've had the condition. A complaint that is recent usually only takes 2 treatments to correct. The longer you've had a complaint the longer it takes to correct. As a general rule, it takes about 4 sessions to correct an issue that has been going on for about a year.
How much does a session cost?
The price of a session is $60. For long standing issues that will take many treatments to resolve, there is a savings of 10% when 4 sessions are purchased.
What will I do to support my body's ability to heal?
Your participation in your aftercare accelerates your healing. We recommend:
- Allowing yourself to be restful the first 24 hours facilitates your body's ability to release and rebalance
- Drinking water allows your body to expel built up toxins and hydrates the body which increases its ability to function with greater capacity
- Taking daily walks relieves stress and aids your structural re-balancing
- Sitting less than 30 minutes at a time supports re-patterning and structural integration